Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nicole Kidman: I Was "Really Damaged" After Split from Tom Cruise

Nicole Kidman: I Was "Really Damaged" After Split from Tom Cruise

These days Nicole Kidman seems blissfully happy with husband Keith Urban and their beautiful family -- but the actress had to go through some hard times to get here. In 2001, her 11-year marriage to Tom Cruise ended, leaving her at one of the lowest points of her life.

"That was a great relationship," the actress, 43, says in the new issue of Marie Claire UK. "I think it ran its course." After the split, she admits, "I was really damaged and not sure whether (love and marriage) was ever going to happen again to me."

While involved with Cruise, who she met on the set of Days of Thunder, Kidman says she was willing to deal with anything that came with being in the high-profile relationship.

"I was never seeking to be a celebrity," she says. "But I was prepared to do that for love...It's hard when you're young. But I'm ready to give up anything for love, because ultimately, that is what you have."

Kidman found love again with Urban, and the couple are raising two daughters, Sunday Rose, 2, and Faith Margaret, born via surrogate in December. The Oscar nominee also has two children from her relationship with Cruise.

She and Urban now live on a 36-acre property in rural Tennessee, and the Australian-American actress says she has learned to embrace the uncertainty of life and the power of love. 

"We never know what's around the corner," she says. "I'm crazy in love. I think you can live anywhere and do anything when you're crazy in love."

Do you like Nicole Kidman better with Tom Cruise or Keith Urban? Chime in below!

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/nicole-kidman-i-was-really-damaged-after-split-tom-cruise/1-a-319987

Lady Gaga Madonna Mel Gibson Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment