Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jason Derulo Recalls 'Embarrassing' Ride On 'When I Was 17'

Singer talks about his car, nicknamed 'The White Jellybean,' in the episode premiering on MTV this Saturday at 11 a.m.By Mawuse Ziegbe





Jason Derülo




Jason Derülo is riding high with two MTV Video Music Awards nominations and hit songs like "Whatcha Say" and "In My Head" under his belt. But before the Moonmen nods and chart-topping tracks, Derülo's ride was a major problem.
"Everybody else had nice cars, so my dad bought me this white Chevy. People would call it 'The White Jellybean,' " Derülo says on the episode of "When I Was 17" that premieres on MTV Saturday at 11 a.m. "[It was] very, very embarrassing."

One of Derülo's pals, Frank, remembers the rising hitmaker's vehicle failed to strike a chord with the ladies. "I know girls were not impressed by this car," Frank says.
The Florida native, who was 17 in 2006, recalls that his raggedy wheels put his chances with one lady in jeopardy.
"I can remember one time I took this girl on a date and I picked her up in this car. I could tell she was a little surprised [because] I didn't have any air conditioning. I put the windows down, like this [makes hand-cranking motion]," Derülo says. "We're good, we're flowing, we're riding." But the singer's smooth drive didn't last long.
"Suddenly I hear it go 'boom, boom, boom, boom.' I just try to keep going. We're still riding ... but I know that we got a flat tire," Derülo recalls. Trying to maintain one's cool while tooling around with a busted tire is already a challenge. And the singer was faced with an even bigger problem: "But I also know [that] I don't know how to change the tire."
"When I Was 17" airs Saturdays at 11 a.m. on MTV.



Related Videos


'When I Was 17' Episode 16 Preview


Related Photos


When I Was 17 | Ep.16 | Celebrity Photo Flashback


Related Artists


Jason Derulo

Madonna Mel Gibson Carrie Underwood Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment