Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Snooki's Lawyer Enters Not Guilty Plea

'Jersey Shore' star was not in Seaside Heights courtroom for disorderly conduct case on Wednesday.By Gil Kaufman





Snooki in her booking photo on July 30

Photo: WireImage




A lawyer for "Jersey Shore" star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi was in a Seaside Heights, New Jersey, courtroom on Wednesday (August 18), where he entered a not guilty plea on behalf of his client.
According to The Associated Press, attorney Raymond Raya entered not-guilty pleas to three charges of disorderly conduct and creating a public nuisance stemming from a July 30 incident in which police said Polizzi became disruptive on the beach during filming for the show.
Snooki did not appear at Wednesday's hearing in municipal court in Seaside Heights, the shore town she and her housemates have made famous, thanks to their exploits on the MTV reality series. Prosecutors said Snooki, 22, could also face an additional public nuisance charge. A trial in the case is scheduled for September 8.
Photos taken on the day of the arrest showed Snooki walking along the boardwalk with "Shore" pals Vinny and Ronnie. In the images, the pint-size poofstress is sporting a hot-pink tiger-print T-shirt that reads "I Heart Snooki," a baseball cap, a miniskirt and green slippers. She was reportedly taken in after beachgoers complained that she was bothering them.
A week later, a defiant Snooki said that despite spending a few hours in police custody, taking a mascara-smeared mugshot and facing a potential fine of $250 to $1,000, she wasn't sweating the arrest.
"I don't know why people are taking it so seriously," Snooki told MTV News. "I had a couple cocktails and they just put me in a drunk tank to sober me up. I was on the beach. It happens to the best of us, and I'm not planning on going back to jail ever again. I was a public nuisance — big deal!"
Even if she's found guilty, Snooki will not face jail time, which is good, because she believes she's way too fab to be behind bars. "I'm too pretty to be in jail," she said. "I'm a good person. I'm not a criminal, and I will never go back there. ... You can't even contain me. When I was in there, I was like, 'Can I come out? I can't breathe!' Not a fun place. I will never go back."
Watch "Jersey Shore" every Thursday at 10 p.m. ET on MTV.



Related Photos


Jersey Shore (Season 2) | Snooki

Madonna Mel Gibson Carrie Underwood Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment